View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #17
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked & Blown View Post
Whatever you go with, I recommend using a factory part. My aftermarket TT bumper required a lot of work for proper fitment.
the other issue is fragility. This car gets a lot of jarring on the road. If the fiberglass is cheaply made and the car is driven daily you'll get a fair amount of chipping and cracking.

On the other side of the materials spectrum, I just received the Boxster Spyder rear bumper "clip" from GT3tek. They seem to specialize in polyurethane bumpers and spoilers. I was expecting two packages to arrive last week a set of Depo LED tailights and the rear bumper part from GT3tek. The first box arrived and I presumed it was the LEDs because I was expecting a large box for the bumper.
Turns out the rear bumper diffuser was in that box. The polyurethane GT3tek used was so flexible that they are able to fold it into a medium size box. I layed out the bumper for a few days to fully stretch out and there were no creases or bends anywhere.
That's the kind of flexibility you want in an impact area. The paint may crack or chip in a parking mishap but the part itself won't break so easily like fiberglass.

here's their 996.2 GT3 front bumper. Fit appears to be pretty good so the less labor for the bodyshop to charge you.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-05-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote