View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
mistermac99

Garage
What's that clicking noise behind driver's seat?

I have an intermittent clicking noise behind my left ear when I'm driving. A few months ago, I had a pesty clicking sound, but I tightened the convertible top tension cable, and took care of that one.

Today I rode around and listened closely, but forgot to take my listening tube. Seems the clicking noise happens with a significant weight shift, or on certain bumps.

I'm thinking it could be the seatbelt tensioner. I took the panel off yesterday to expose the seat belt, and vacuumed around the area and blew out with air.

I'm wondering if there is a pin, or weight shift mechanism inside the seat belt mechanism that moves and is causing this noise.

Since I have owned this Boxster for about six-months, on four different occasions the seat belt will not come out when I get ready to buckle up in the mornings. I ride around for a while, then a few minutes later it releases. That's why I'm thinking it my have something to do with the seat belt mechanism.

I called my local dealer, and seems the price for just the driver's side belt is around $268.00 plus tax, as opposed to $405.00 on Pelican Parts. Anyone know of a place I can get this cheaper?

I'm wondering if there is any way to take the mechanism apart to see why it keeps clicking, if that's what the issue is.

Has anyone else experienced this same clicking noise, and if so, how did you fix?

Input appreciated!