View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #15
Michiganstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pete View Post
Great...good information there...

Going to give the HiD kit a go, and see the results..

Will i need the canbus version for a 2001 Boxster...is it worth doing both the high and low beam, guess that would be 2 sets wired seperately ?

If they pick up on the mot..can just pop the original bulbs back and re connect the wiring..simple
I have to say that you're missing the point of any they're illegal in the UK Pete. You have headlights designed specifically to work with halogen bulbs and when you retrofit HIDs to these lights you will give off terrible glare to other road users. If, like some on here, you can utilise a projector unit then that is better in terms of beam pattern etc but still technically illegal for MOT purposes.
May I suggest you start looking out for cars with halogen beam pattern lights and retrofit HID kits out on the road at night. I am convinced when you see how bad they look and how blinding they can be you'll either go the upgraded halogen route or buy proper litronic headlights.
Anything less is rather selfish to other road users in my opinion. Apologies if this grates with anyone but HID kits with halogen headlight units are a big problem over here in the UK.
Michiganstar is offline   Reply With Quote