View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
I waited until I was in my 60's to get my first P car. I think that putting in the IMS Guardian is enough expenditure for me in this area. As one of the above posters says the Final Solution must prove itself first before I put out that kind of $$$.

Also I am not sure how long I will keep this car. My guess is anywhere between 2-8 years so I do not want to put too much $$$ into it as I know that selling a Boxster is not going to get me a pile of $$$.

I sometimes ask myself what I would do if my 2.7 engine grenaded. I would likely get an engine from a wreckers yard as a start. Other possibilities are a Raby rebuilt motor of course with the final solution in it. I think that this is not a car for somebody on a tight budget. I am past the point of worrying about it anymore and am now in the 2nd year of ownership. 40k miles now and had 30k miles when I first got it. I drive hard in the summer, gentler in the winter. It has given me more pleasure than any other car I have had. Enjoy yours and drive safely.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote