View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
rondocap

I got a chance to also drive a base 2008 Cayman, and a base 2009 Boxster with PDK.

The base Cayman was manual and actually felt very similar to my 986 Boxster. Slightly more refined ride, but they, at least to me, seemed to share more things in common in how they felt. Power was a bit more, but really reminiscent of my 986.

The 09 PDK Boxster was much different. The PDK really gives it another character. The car felt much faster too than the 08 Cayman, even though on paper it really doesn't have much power.

It feels like a different car, I am not sure if I like it more or less than the manual. Definitely will need more seat time in order to decide.

I kind of concluded that if I were to get a PDK car, it definitely has to be the S to take more advantage of the PDK and power. The manual makes the base fun enough - but I feel the S probably goes together with the PDK better.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 2008 Cayman feeling similar to the 986 Boxster in general terms, and on the 09 PDK Boxster feeling even more different?

Last edited by rondocap; 02-25-2013 at 05:25 PM.
rondocap is offline   Reply With Quote