View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
teleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrof View Post
Hi slight hijacking, is the condensation not normal in the coolant cap trunk cover area? Mine has this also but the coolant doesnt have a significant loss in its level. The local mechanic says its normal because heat and cold is present in this are thus condenstaion. Which i find weird.
My understanding and experience is that it is not normal but not something to worry alot about. In my case I was getting some condensation on a fairly regular basis and replaced the coolant cap twice. In retrospect all of the coolant caps were fine so long as a good seal was established (clean gasket installed with a little water to make a tight seal). My coolant tank was also not cracked or leaking anywhere either. What was leaking vapor were the o-rings on the bleeder valve, and I understand that other parts of the bleeder valve can result in similar vapor leaks. Here is a recent thread I updated about this.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/37561-bleeder-valve-o-rings-whole-assembly.html

In my case I had too had no noticeable loss of coolant over many months.

Inspecting the bleeder valve is worthwhile but be careful as it is quite easy to strip or break the screws as well as other parts of it. No issue to just leave alone so long as you are convinced the tank is sound.
teleski is offline   Reply With Quote