View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
Perfectlap

I havent' driven either yet, but apparently the difference between the sandard and S model this time around are like night and day.

I heard some stories that makes it sound to me as if the dealers are using the base 981 to upsell the Carrera. A guy comes in curious about the new Boxster and is also considering the more expenisve 991 Carrera. After the Boxster test drive the buyer isn't really overwhelmed by the power so the salesman then puts the buyer into the 991 Carrera with 350 HP for a spin. Pretty clever. With interest rates so low more expensive cars can be packaged very attractively and of course more sales/commissions.

If he tests the Boxster S and standard Carrera back to back not such a big difference. The salesman can't roll out the Carrera S to test against the Boxster because those can easily come in over $120K with options, and that's way above traditional Boxster pricing.

p.s.
How long is that lease? Depending on your credit rating, it may not really be worth fronting the lease down payment.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-25-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote