View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Perfectlap

I had an accident no too long, albeit minor parking lot incident. My car was stationary and another car backed into me going barely 3 mph but his car had a high rear end so he managed to reach and dent a fender, just barely touched the headlight enough to break the secured fitting (light was still 100% functional), scratched the front bumper and hood but didn't penetrate it either. The adjuster came over and the bodyshop said it was about $7K to fix. Kind of shocking given that's nearly half the value of the car (minus mods). Turns out the guys insurance payed for ALL NEW PARTS. Then... wait for it.... the insurance company asks if I want the check for that amount or if I would prefer the convenience of having the bodyshop bill them directly. I think you know which option I chose.

Glad to know Progressive are not the cut rate operation that their competitors like Allstate would have you believe. I was overpaying for insurance for years, nearly $2K a year. I finally got off my arse to call for quotes and Progressive beat the pants of f all others. The one guy from State Farm called me back and after I told him I'd just received a quote from Progressive he said "ah...Progressive okay good talking. good bye.". The GEICO guy wanted to know what the Progressive quote was before telling me his quote and when I told him basically $100 a month, he said "well we'll try you next year".
BTW, Junk mail has not ceased since from all the insurers since... annoying.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-22-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote