View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
boxster6354

Garage
Progressive Insurance - Flo's the girl

As I had stated in another post about getting T-Boned by a driver that ran a stop sign, I wanted to add a few things about my experience with Progressive Insurance.

Very prompt with their taking care of the situation, getting the car to their shop to inspect.

I was worried about all the mods I had done and them not taking into consideration of the value, but when the adjuster went to inspect which she took a mechanic with her she called me and conversation went like this:

Ins. Adjuster:
Hi I am here looking at your car and when I ran the VIN it came back as a base Boxster and did not list:
Aero Kit
Litronic Lights

Me: Yes I added those after purchase

Ins. Adjuster:
Do you have receipts?

Me: Yes

Ins Adjuster: Cool Beans... What about the Break/Gas/Clutch pedals? they do not look standard either, and did you change your shifter and also that's not a standard stereo either.

Me: yes add on's also but not sure if I have all those receipts.

Ins Adjuster: No problem, just go to the web and see what all sell for, not eBay but actual parts from major store.

Me: Ok will do.

Then she goes on to say if the value exceeds a certain percentage of the value of the car they will total it, and if they decide to do so she advised me to see if I know of others that would want to swap out upgrades with standard parts!

I was impressed that she knew all this and then to find out yes she has a Boxster also

So after the inspection they found no damage to frame or suspension and such and also found the other person at fault to where they will go after them for costs, but they will handle getting fixed.

So this morning I get a call from my agent and he tells me to find the best body shop around that specializes in Porsche and let them know where to send the car.

Called up the dealership and they said they send all their high value work to a specific place that is Porsche certified, so now it is off to the body shop.

Now I am surprised they did not total as for a MY2000 Boxster the estimate of repair which includes quite a bit and a total respray is around $7000.00

Has anyone in the Houston area ever went to:
Hanley Bros Foreign Auto Body
1517 Silber Road
Houston, Texas 77055
Hanley Bros. (Houston,TX)

Will post outcome

boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote