View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #8
Eric G
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I can put the top up/down with one press of the button at any time or speed.
While I have to admit that is a really cool feature and you won't get any argument from me on that...it was just things on mine went wonky in what I believe is an age related issue of equipment.

To answer the question on the dash light...for now I used a small circle of self adhesive opaque insulating sealer (electrical tape) to cover the light till I pull my gauge cluster and make it permanent.

As for any specific write up, in the end all I did was disconnect the v-levers and push rods for each side, pull the drive cables for each side and pull the fuse for the convertible open switch. I left the transmissions and electrical motor in place as there was no reason to pull them.

Using the template that came with the draw latch, I measured out a location on the car that would allow for aesthetically pleasing spacing AND the ability to place a support washer on the back side of the aluminum pop rivet that holds the draw latch in place. using 3" wide painters tape I covered the clam shell and trunk and marked where I would drill the holes, then attached both latches.

I think the total time to do this was about an hour with the hardest part being the spacing for the latches.

Take care...

Last edited by Eric G; 02-15-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Eric G is offline   Reply With Quote