View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #28
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom4782 View Post
Unless things have changed in the last 10 days, the IMS Solution is only available for installation at Flat6Innovations.

Sometime down the road, it's unclear at the moment when, the IMS Solution will be made available for sale to dealers and independent shops. As I understand it, the Solution will not be sold directly to the DIY folks.

While the price of the IMS Solution to dealers isn't clear yet, it's likely to be around $1500 compared to roughly $650 for the IMS Retrofit.

In my mind, the IMS Solution is clearly the best option because the engine will not self destruct if it should ever fails. I also think the Retrofit is a great product because I believe the odds of it failing are extremely small.

That said, if it were clear when the Solution could be bought and installed by shops other than Flat6Innovations, you'd have a much easier time deciding whether to wait for it to come available or install the LN IMS Retrofit beforehand.
The OP has a 2000 S. It's a dual row. The "final solution" as it's called, , is not offered for that car.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote