View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
seningen

Yes the first one is a Tip. Not sure why the tranny went -- but runs and drives great now. I was thinking 7500-8000.

The second is documented in pictures on my website. The triple row IMSR can actually be seen on the LN website -- I think mine was one of the first documented triple rows.
I sent Charles the picture for his IMS page.

I was thinking $12-13 -- $15-16 is just too high.

thanks,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonStern View Post
it's tough to base a price off of just a few words, but...

first off, it's winter and you're trying to sell a convertible. expect less interest and more low-ball offers than in spring/summer. so patience will affect what you can get for it.

both estimates presume the car drives fine, you have paperwork to verify all of the repairs and upgrades listed, and that the shop doing the pre-purchase inspection recommends buying the car and found nothing majorly wrong that isn't listed.

you didn't mention whether or not the car is a manual or an automatic, but the manual transmissions should last longer than 125k unless they were abused, either through racing, negligence, or poor driving.

the mileage is fairly high. a used replacement motor would be ~$3k if one did the work himself, and for not much more, a lower mileage boxster could be found.

the struts and wear components of the suspension probably need replacing.

plus a good pre-purchase inspection is bound to find at least something minor wrong.

as such, I personally wouldn't pay more than $7,000 for it, but could see you getting more depending on your market/patience. dealership trade-in would likely be in the $5,500-6,000 range.

I'm presuming the "Triple row IMSR" means LN Engineering's triple row intermediate shaft upgrade...?

other than the RMS, which I am presuming you replaced when the motor was rebuilt but forgot to mention, you seem to have fixed many of the common problems facing the boxster/M96.

dghii's estimate of $11,500 seems way too low for a documented S model. I'd estimate the car going for $15,000-16,000. dealership trade in would be stupid low as they have no idea and no interest in any of the repair work you have listed. expect $11,000-12,000.
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote