View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 07:39 AM   #9
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Jamscal made some very good points and I agree with him 100%. I don't see anything wrong with making the car a little lighter.
@Adam & jamscal,

If you read my post, nowhere did I say there was anything wrong with Modding your Car. Just that you need to treat it as an intergrated Unit and that any/all Mods need to be made in that context.

Too often, we see people adding Springs, or upsizing Wheels and Tires, or an AfterMarket Intake only to find a shimmy occur, a MAF Sensor blow, a CEL come on, or some other, less than expected consequence. Often these people have $500 in hand, so they buy $500 worth of Mods, stopping short of seeing it through properly.

All I'm cautioning is to think it through and not to go Willy-Nilly about it. Despite what some may think, there really isn't a great number people here who know more than Porsche does (and a number of people go about a Mod just because it was touted here by someone who may, or may not, actually know what they're talking about), and that applies to a number of AfterMarket Suppliers too. Considering the Time and Expense involved, I think it's appropriate to occaisionally add a word of caution...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 12-22-2005 at 07:42 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote