View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZang View Post
Kevin, real sorry about that. I wish I hadn't given my old two clusters away for basically nothing. I don't think that Palo Alto speedo is an option. This will cost you several hundred dollar, almost cheaper to find a spare cluster.
If I recall your posts correctly, I think you had the "new style" cluster, so it wouldn't have been compatible. I don't think Palo Alto or North Hollywood can help based on their responses. I'm still planning to talk with a local independent who has a PIWIS to see if they can activate the voltmeter in my merged Boxster/Carrera cluster. I think that is a long shot, but I"m an eternal optimist.

Oh well, I went into this with a "low-risk, high reward" attitude. I think I can recoup some of the money on the cluster I have if someone needs parts, and I can keep looking for a good used cluster so my investment in the oil pressure sending unit won't be wasted.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote