View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
KevinH1990

I went by the local company - Southern Electronics - today. They don't have the equipment to work on the "new" Porsche speedometers. Since this style of speedometer first appeared in 1996, the term "new" covers a lot of territory. They referred me to a guy in Chicago - Best Pixel Repair. He does replace lcd's but only on BMW's. He said the parts for Porsches are unavailable.

Right now I think I have two options:

1. See if a shop with a PIWIS can "turn on" the voltmeter on my hybrid Boxster/Carrera cluster. I'm not sure how that might work but maybe there is something in the software. I checked with my Durametric and that didn't work.

2. Check with Palo Alto Speedometer or North Hollywood Speedometer to see if they can make the voltmeter operational on my Boxster/Carrera cluster.

I paid $150 for the cluster, so I hate to see it go to waste. Maybe someone will need some parts and I can recoup some of the money.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote