View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #9
jcb986

Have some issues to fix:
1. There is a noise from the rear right when passing on bumps. any ideas?
Check control arm, also the shock, even the bottom body panel which is made of plastic could be bumping, it's just screwed in.

2. When moving from 2 to 3 gear i feal a little bang (tiptronic), could it be the engine mount?
Very well could be the front motor mount, also check the axles for lose play.

3. I see an oil leak. I need to clean the engine to see where it comes from. any known places for boxsters?
Spark plug tubes, cam plugs, AOS, axle seal at the transmission...just had my done due to a leak.

4. speakers - it seems that one of the owners before did a stupid job and chancheled the front speakers. put only tweeters. now I need to set a new 4" speakers but don't have the old speakers to use them as a base. any idea how to do it? or I must buy used speakers from ebay?
Check with Porsche and see what they used in the past.

5. Hard start - When I'm starting the car COLD it start after 3 second starter spinning. not fast but ok. when the car is HOT (and sitting above 5-10 minutes) it starts after some starter spinning and on the second try with a little press on the gas pedal.
May suggestion is to clean the throttle body real good. But my real thoughts are MAF or fuel pump or the cam sensor and you can clean the cam sensor.
Good luck...I also have a 2000S with TIP, Love It.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote