View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
jacabean

I am in the process of finishing up this job. be prepared for difficult tasks. first you need to remove your axle . the center nut has a tremendous amount of torque on it so a large breaker bar with a pipe over it for more leverage . you need to break it with the wheel on and on the ground. removing the suspension was the easiest part. do not unbolt any suspension that is connected to the chassis because if you do you will need an alignment . A good ball joint tool is a must . after all the suspension is unbolted push the lower arm down and the carrier will slide off the strut fairly easy. the E-brake is a simple set up once you take a good look at it . the key is loosening the cable in the center console cubby in your interior. after that it is basically a bunch of springs. I had a little difficulty removing the cable from the tube on the carrier assembly . I decided to do it this way instead of using the SIR tool because I have access to a press which makes removal and installation of the bearing and hub a very easy task.
I would recommend picking up a pair of secondary cat delete pipes to replace your cats as you will find them difficult to remove and difficult to reinstall. since you have your axles removed it would be a good idea to service the cv joints and boots if needed. good luck , be patient and harbor freight is your friend .
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote