View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
threpwood

Got the car back

Got the car back from amps installation yesterday. Here are some pictures.

The amps are set on the front as Flying Mole PM-C161dc and crossover Audio Control 6XS. I've decided to replace the factory head unit with kenwood kcd01 anyway. Originally wanted to keep the original look, but getting the Ipod to work with the stock head unit seemed like a pain.

The Ipod is located in the glove box. There must be a way to secure it in the glovebox so it won't slide around. I was thinking sticking the stylofoam?(sp) that comes with the Ipod box on the glove box...

The factory Cd changer has been disabled, but I figured I won't be using it much anyway since I am going full Ipod.

Overall sound quality is amazing...as if I'm in the theatre. There's still lack of bass because I'm pushing stock speakers (rear is not stock), but I can upgrade them myself later. The whole setup cost around $8000 with new head unit. Crazy it may sound for stereo, but it comes with a lifetime warranty, and a Japanese car magazine is calling for interview. I consider it as my Christmas present anyway