View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
jb92563

This is a good thread, very informative.

I've curtailed my track activity for now because I used a Durametric tool and found my "Timing Deviation ?" is around -5 and -6 which is right at the allowable limit from what I have read.

Not sure what needs fixing exactly, so I need to do more research into this.

I would recommend a Durametric reading on a periodic basis to get a base line and to measure against to see where things are wearing.

As far as Mods for the Track, you need to understand the points distribution for the Mods so that you don't inadvertently put your self I a class that you come in last place all the time. Keep it simple at first and when your ability catches up to the car then the mods will start to have a positive effect.

I ended up in a class that only have 3 entries, (I didn't know any better) and came in last place but since racing points are awarded to the top 3 drivers I got points where others whose time was much better with the same car got 0.

Consider applying some tape protection around the wheel wells to protect the paint.

Some folks just use the Blue masking tape at the race but others have the clear protector tape and leave it on all the time.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 01-22-2013 at 12:18 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote