View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #16
mountainman

Garage
I have 2 boxsters and a C 4 and put a minimum of 10K miles on each one in a years time, and at about 1 set of rear tires on eash every year I have a lot of experience with tires and due to the fact that these new high speed tires are about as thick as a newspaper anyway, I see a good number of flats from rocks and potholes. Of the flats that I have had, none could have been dealt with by the can of flat fix. When I bought my 08 boxster S the first thing I did was get a spare tire for it . No way would I travel without one. On a recent trip into the mountains of west virginia I had a flat on the rear and could not get a replacement tire for several days and was forced to drive ( slowly and carefully ) 300 miles home on the 5 inch spare. Without that spare I would still be sitting on the side of the road playing with that can of flat fix. I do always have an air compressor and a tire plug kit in each car, but virtually all the flats I have had are larger jagged holes that cannot be plugged either If you drive these cars very long, you learn to be prepared with tools and a few choice replacement parts when you go out.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote