View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 AM   #10
Spyderman

Garage
Greetings Springman26,

The emergency brake cover is one of the factory options on my car (X98 - Aluminum/Leather Parking Brake Handle, along with X97 - Aluminum/Leather Shift Knob).

Glad the project went well for you. In my quest to make additional space available, I did a bit of dash reconfiguring as well.

I removed the cup holder module, that was at the top of my 'dash stack' above the radio, and moved the climate control module to the old cup holder position. I bought a factory storage cubby module, and inserted that where the climate module originally resided, leaving the CD storage module in its original location below the radio. While I may make it sound like moving these modules around is like playing with Legos, getting the wiring harnesses re-positioned does take considerable patience and nimble fingers. Snaking the climate control module harness up through the back of the metal support bracketry was a PITA. Being possessed with the patience of Job, I managed to get everything re-positioned and looking factory spec in about an hour.

At the end of the day, I never trusted the factory pop-out cup holders to securely hold any kind of beverage container. When I'm behind the wheel, having a beverage handy is probably last on my list of gotta' haves anyway. I'm too focused on wringing the last ounce of GO from my car to be worried about sipping on a soda.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Spyderman; 01-17-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote