Thread: Dumb Question
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Porsche Chick

So I gave it a good listen this weekend, and it is a rough idle. Upon start up, around 800 rpm, it's loud. I reverse it out, still loud, put it in drive (remember PDK), it's loud. Then foot on accelerator, it quiets down. The rest of the ride is louder than when I got it, but I think that's just my driving style.

It's the idle that is bothering me.

husker: I did ask the dealer to look at it, plenty of warranty, (which is why I want to figure it out now, before it's on my dime) but no codes came up.

paintboy; don't even joke about the IMS! This is why I picked 2009, to avoid that. Watched DH pour $$$ into 911's for years, trying to avoid that. What is an MAF or TB?

thstone; yes, I think the variable timing is coming into play on the rest of the ride.

BruceWayne; my foot was pretty heavy on the test drive, lol.

savinor; how would I recognize an exhaust leak?

Flavor; this is what my hubby says. He also likes to point out it's still not as loud as his Carrera.

BYprodriver; actually, this noise is the reason I started on the forum.

radiumking; very informative, I knew Porsches are "designed" to sound louder at 4000 rpm, I never knew the mechanics of it, thank you! How do I check the intake? Could dust be an issue? I live in a dusty area.

Last edited by Porsche Chick; 01-14-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Porsche Chick is offline   Reply With Quote