View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Hi welcome to the forum. If it was me I would find somebody that knows Boxsters and have him go with you. Before u buy have a PPI done. I am not a great fan of buying from a used car dealership(except Porsche) as I prefer dealing with a private person because I would be able to get past history re. maintenance, accidents if any. Ask for previous owner service receipts if available.

When u put the key in the ignition, turn key on to get all warning lites illuminated before starting engine. Make sure all the lites light up especially the CEL one. If the bulb has been removed it won't light up. I have a black Boxster and like navy blue it will show dirt readily.

Obviously u have much experience with Porsches but check general condition. Tires, color of oil, color of coolant etc. Mike Focke has extensive info on buying a Boxster. Check the Pelican forum has for his info. I would not buy the first one u see. Read as much as u can on these websites about the Boxster. Try different Boxsters. I have a 2001 Boxster base but I never tried an S. The base has enough power for me.

If you have a PPI done(the best investment of about $200 you will every make), and find that repairs need to be made then this can be a bargaining tool to be deducted from sales price.
You don't say how many miles on it. Anyways others will chime in, good luck and stay calm!
Perhaps have a body shop check to see if it has had an accident. Let us know what u decide on!
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote