Thread: Honda S2000....
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #20
BYprodriver

Garage
In early 2003 after eliminating Corvettes from consideration, that left Boxsters & S2000 on my short list. I had extensive seat time in all new Porsches & Corvettes from my job but had never driven a S2000. I was concerned about Boxster cost of ownership & being a previous Honda Prelude Si owner, I was confident in Honda reliability. So I rented a 2003 S2000 for a day. (unlimited miles) I had a blast! (1st rule of stunt driving, Never use your own car!) Put lots of miles on the car. IMO as a paid test driver Honda's have the best shifters, but I tired of the nonstop shifting this car requires. The spartan interior makes the Box seem like a luxury car. Yada,Yada in the end the S2000 is a street legal spec racer, whereas the Boxster is a practical daily driver & the funnest device ever invented by man.

P.S. During a Media track day event @ Willow Springs I saw a journalist spin & roll a S2000 stopping upsidedown. It took about 15 minutes for the saftey crew to get him out & he walked away unharmed. S2000 rollbar is simular to Boxster's.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote