View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #38
Daverb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
Yes. Correct on the parts list. The covers typically run $5-7 US and no, you do not need to remove the plenum. You have to be creative
Sorry to dig this up again I know its an old thread.

I have just purchased a Boxster race car - I noticed it still had the fuel canister, smog pump and fan bay in place.

With the help of this thread I have removed the fuel canister.

I have decided to leave the bay fan in place as it will be useful - especially as the engine is enclosed. Ive put a switch on so that I can turn it on manually.

With the smog pump - I removed it. Purchased the 2 plates and gaskets I need - however looking at it I can't see how this can be done without removing the inlet manifold nearest the smog pump??

I removed both middle parts of the inlet manifold which gives good access under the other inlet manifold but with the inlet manifold nearest the pump there is too much stuff underneath it. And the bolts are on the bottom for the part I need to replace too.

The oil filler pipe is the main thing. If I could get that removed it might be possible. However reading up on this it has 2 bolts and one you need to remove the alternator to get to.

Anyway....basically can anyone give me any clues/tips to fit the small plates for smog pump removal.

Also - do the plates actually need to be fitted? Could you remove the smog pump and fit a small breather filter in the hose left sticking out the inlet manifold.
Daverb is offline   Reply With Quote