View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
Mike_Yi

Like I said, I've been trying to diagnose this problem for two years. I started by replacing the coolant cap, then I replaced the reservoir. I noticed a small leak in the water pump (saw a drip coming from under the pulley), so I replaced that. Then I had a small "Y" hose blow out on me on the way to work. Replaced that and all hose clamps besides the ones on the reservoir since they're really tough to reach. When I was changing that "Y" hose, I noticed that my two main hoses looked swelled, so I replaced them. Somewhere along the way, I removed the bumper and checked the radiators for leaks, and found none. I cleaned them out though.

Yesterday, while under the car, I noticed a small drip of coolant on the engine end of the main hose on the driver side. That hose also looks swollen again, though the passenger side looks fine.

On the 29th, I got in the car to go by my parents' house. Backed it out and got about 4 houses away before I got a flashing CEL. I put the clutch in to stop, and the engine died. I started it again, turned around and drove the 4 houses back to my garage. It ran rough. The CEL code was a misfire on #5. This moring I tried to drive it again, and the same thing happened. I haven't checked the code, but if it is #5 again, I'm going to swap out coil packs and run it again to see if the misfire moves. If it does, I have to order some new coil packs. I called the local stealerships. They want between $118 and $175 EACH! PelicanParts is charging $35 each. I'll update if I have time to work on it today (working on my wife's truck today ).
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote