View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
AKnowles

Well, I did manage to remove the connector and pulled out the white unused connector as well. I sure wish I had of left the windows up though so I could get to the cables at the door entrance better. Guess I'll have to wait until later today/tomorrow to see if I can do without a door lift. I've pulled the wires so am good to go with putting the dash back together followed by the seats. Once the seats are back in I can power up the car without issue and raise the window. That will tell me if I can get to the cables and unwrap them enough to allow me to pass the speaker wire thorugh the grommet.

On a worst case, I can get the door lift and remove the door. Then work on the wire harness. Even if it means removing the innards to gain access. If I go that route though, I'll remove the extra wires in the harness and just rewrap it with the new speaker wires. That will look, and work, a lot better.

I can see why most people don't try and replace the factory wiring though. What a PITA! Who would have thought pulling a pair of 12 gauge wires to the doors would be such a problem?