View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
AKnowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
That's interesting.
I will try to have a look at it tomorrow and post the solution ( if you are not gonna figure it out by then).
Meir, if you can figure it out I'll owe you big time! I have the entire dash out, the seats out, the center console out. I even have the door sill removed and pulled the two screws holding the carpet retainer (long black plastic block) out. I can tug on the kick panel, but it appears to be stuck on the lower half or bottom. Feels like the bottom is glued in place. I'm not sure and don't want to rip up the carpet with no way to reattach it.

I have been able to wiggle a plastic tool in to the side (fromt he passenger door side) of the kick panel. Can move it about 1/2 an inch and see the wire bundle leading ot the passenger door. On the top, there is a metal clip holding the carpet to the plastic backing of the kick panel. That's where I tried tugging to see if I could lift it uip or pull it back to release the kick panel. No joy.

As it stands now, I'm considering purchasing a door lift so I can remove the doors. Drill them. Put gommets in the holes and run the replacement speaker cables that way. I can use the 1/2 inch of wiggle room on the side of the kick panel to route the cable to the door.

I'd know my options better if I could just get that darn carpet up without damaging it.