View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #15
AKnowles

For my two cents worth, stopp worrying about the IMS issue. If you want a Porsche Boxster. Reason being, from my research on the web - no guarentee it is thge only answer - the failure rate is about 2~3%. My BMW motorsycles had a 5% failure rate of the final drive. If it happens, it happens. But it is not likely to happen at all when you consider the precentages. As an FYI, I just bought a 1999 Boxster. It was made in 9/98. So far, it is doing well and I'm happy with it.

As for the 101 book, I bought a copy for my own, but all of the artivles are online at Pelican parts. You can read it for basic research and I'd recommend that before buying a personal copy (just in case you don't buy the Boxster).

FWIW, I'm having a blast driving it. It too is my DD. One of the reasons I did buy it is because it is so easy for the home mechanic to work on.

Now if I could obly find a way to pull the carpet form the frront passenger side to route some replacement door speaker wires I'd be feeling much happier! This radio/speaker upgrade is becoming somewhat of a challange, but I shall perserver. Need some good tunes for a really good ride.