View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #6
jcb986

I have a 2000S which have the 3.2 liter engine. Also the S model has more factory options and a upgraded suspension compared to the base. Just more for the money and most likely it will cost about the same as a base. Mine has a TIP and I love it. I couldn't think of owning a Porsche with an auto until I drove one. It was so much sweeter, plus I don't have to spend 2-3 grand for a whole new clutch system at 80K miles. I now have about 72K miles on her with no engine problems at all. I do the normal oil changes, filters, etc. The only failure I had was with the AOS which just about everybody has had too with higher mileage on their Boxsters. As for the IMS problem, yes it does exist, but, there has to be at least a half a million units built from 1998-2000 and I would bet over 80% of them have no issues. Everybody builds a lemon now and them and they also have some engineering problems...even today there are recalls for some kind of issue. Look for a one or two owner with maintenance history with about 45 to 65k miles on it.

Final thought on Boxster or Carrera's with stick. I am 67 yo and if I had a stick you would most likely feel comfortable in buying from me. Now, I am in my 20's I start telling how this baby fly's and hugs the road at 100mph. Plus the mods that I have added...betch you gonna have second thoughts.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote