View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #24
shadrach74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986 View Post
I have a 2000S with the TIP and I love it. I did drive a few Boxsters with stick but found the TIP smoother and quicker. Guess I am tired of shifting and decided to enjoy the the drive and ride aspect. Now, I was talking about replacing the the clutch, flywheel, release bearing and hydraulic slave cylinder. The TIPS give great reliability over the term of ownership and usually are easier to sell. But, like I said, if you like shifting then stick with it.
I will not disagree with regard to the 986 S. I have a 2002 S 6 speed and it is not the easiest car to drive smoothly. I think this is exacerbated by the sloppy VW cable shifter and rot prone front motor mounts. My girlfriend hates driving the Boxster because she cannot shift it smoothly. Compared to the 6 speed in her MCS it feels clunky and vague. I have found that my smoothest shifts occur when driving aggressively; trying to finesse it around town smoothly is an acquired skill and takes more thought. I am hoping that my new Schnell short shift kit coupled with a fresh motor mount tighten things up and make it more friendly...

Last edited by shadrach74; 12-27-2012 at 11:40 AM.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote