View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
ProjectM96

If you need to change fuel filter, use a lift.

I just changed the fuel filter. I followed Pelicanparts directions.

I did it using jack stands. I barely finished the job. If possible, avoid doing this job using jack stands because you will barely have enough space. You really need a lift.

My hands were dead tired by the time I finished this job and I cannot get the smell of gasoline out of them. I wore gloves. It took me 1 hour to finish the job. I imagine I can get it done in 15 minutes or less with a lift.

Here are directions for the job.
1. Remove plastic underbody trim in center of car using 10mm socket. There are at least 8 bolts.
2. Remove foam spacer.
3. Remove 10mm bolts from bracket
4. Loosen flat head screw to loosen fuel filter
5. Remove ground and fuel lines from filter. Have a bucket underneath car to catch the fuel.
6. Install in reverse order.

Seemed easy enough.
Step 1-3 was easy
Step 4 was difficult as the screw is in an awkward place and the flat head screw driver tip needs to be VERY thin to fit in the screw.
Step 5 was very difficult. The fuel lines did not want to come out. You have to push the side button on the connectors to release the fuel lines but it is Not easy. Re-installing them was also difficult as there is no room for your hands to reach the connectors or electrical ground or fuel filter. You need small hands for the job.

So again, do not do this job unless you have a lift. Using a lift will make it much easier.