View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
Bmod986

Ok so I have the results from the butt dyno. I gave myself a few miles before posting to have my mind clear from the placebo effect. So here are the facts.

Fact 1. I used 5w50 castrol edge for 6,000 miles or so the oil was very very black so I would have liked to change it sooner. Plus I like keeping the revs high so it also depends on how you drive.

Fact 2. I have been using pennzoil ultra 5W40 and I feel it has a better cold start and it seems to run smoother then the castrol edge. I have used this oil for 340miles just to make sure it feels the same at each start before I posted my experience.

So far I am pleased with my purchase and I feel it was definitely worth it. I will let you guys know how it holds up in the heat later in the summer but for winter use it works great. Aslo something to note is that my box has 119,000 miles and still runs as my daily. I also put on an average of 6,500 miles a year. Not much because I have the pleasure of living in an area where everything is close to my house.

Overall would I recommend this oil to my fellow box owners, yes, its a very good oil and it priced competitively with mobil 1. Only down side is that it has to be ordered online. So ya thats my first hand review as I progress with the car I will let you guys know whats up.
Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote