View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #8
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Yup they are noisy especial when the weather is colder. Not a first time date car with the top up.

I have both a 2000 'S' and a 2007 Base and there is a big difference with the tops up. The only common noise they have is the whine of the engine.

The joints in the top you can dry lube and of course it's easy enough to get rid of the wind screen rattles. I'm going to be taking some thin carpet pad and putting in the roof and see if helps (and make sure it doesn't mess with the operation of the top). I also considered insulating the cover over the engine behind the seat. I like exhaust and air intake sound but the whining of the engine right behind gets to be a bit much. This of course is just experimental since I little fiddling with the car anyway.

With the top down (especially in cooler weather again) the wind noise is much worse in the 986 but that's quite alright since I love the open air.

I find with the 986 just put the top down and rev it up...I'm a top down guy, it just feels like a totally different car. There are not rattles to distract from the great handling and performance.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote