Thread: Borla Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
trimer
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcomet View Post
At the risk of starting yet another exhaust thread... I've searched forums, internet, etc...

I am wondering if anyone here has/had a Borla on their 986. Curious about thoughts, resonance, volume, love, hate etc...

I've driven a car with a PSE (a 996 not a 986) and I loved the sound. Bark, and nice high wail. I can't justify that much $ for an exhaust tho. The Borla vids I have watched (I know I really need to hear in person) seem to be similar to the sound I am looking for.

I've also considered Fabspeed and I know many are happy with it, but the more research I do I am not sure. Looking at vids, and hearing a friends GT2 w/ a fabspeed (I know totally diff engine/car) it sounded very "raspy". I do not like the raspy-ness that I heard in those cases. Plus Borla is a lot lower cost tho I know it has bad res.

I am looking for something close in tone to stock/PSE but more volume and a little bark or deep is cool too...but I like the Porsche mid to high tone at open throttle. My car is a weekend driver.

any advice?
I am a fan of fabspeed. I listened to every video I could and decided that this is a 986, not a ferrari and that the best system would be the Fabspeed. If you read one of my old threads, I was much in your situation. Didnt know what to do, and from youtube, you just dont get the noise right on there. I can not tell you how wonderful it was the first time I heard my car start with the fabspeed exhaust. It for me is perfect. To each their own, but I am very happy with the sound of my car!

Good luck...it is a tough decision...not one that you can really take back once you do it!
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote