Thread: sorry ghost !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
BrokenLinkage

in favor of disageement

This forum has been very valuable to me - largely because it lets me benefit from the disparate experience, opinions, and knowlege of its participants. Rarely is the cause of knowledge or truth served by squelching a dissenting voice. I respect the sponsors of this forum for what they have done to promote our common interests, and those with professional expertise that they are willing to share with us laymen in this forum.
But the forum draws its greatest strength from collective experience, and particularly the commercially unbiased opinions expressed by lay enthusiasts. And to limit Ghosts' admitedly sometimes strident voice is to limit the forum itself, and my interest in it as a resource. I find it hard to believe that the proprietors of this great forum are willing to sacrifice its integrity/ credibility out of either personal rancor, favoritism, or insecurity. And while I respect that the forum doesn't want dialogues to degenerate or offend other valuable members, the bar for offense has to be pretty high to permit the free exchange of ideas.
Just my 2 cents...read it quick before this post also winds up in the graveyard of dissenting opinion