Thread: Borla Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
mcomet

Borla Exhaust

At the risk of starting yet another exhaust thread... I've searched forums, internet, etc...

I am wondering if anyone here has/had a Borla on their 986. Curious about thoughts, resonance, volume, love, hate etc...

I've driven a car with a PSE (a 996 not a 986) and I loved the sound. Bark, and nice high wail. I can't justify that much $ for an exhaust tho. The Borla vids I have watched (I know I really need to hear in person) seem to be similar to the sound I am looking for.

I've also considered Fabspeed and I know many are happy with it, but the more research I do I am not sure. Looking at vids, and hearing a friends GT2 w/ a fabspeed (I know totally diff engine/car) it sounded very "raspy". I do not like the raspy-ness that I heard in those cases. Plus Borla is a lot lower cost tho I know it has bad res.

I am looking for something close in tone to stock/PSE but more volume and a little bark or deep is cool too...but I like the Porsche mid to high tone at open throttle. My car is a weekend driver.

any advice?
mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote