View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #13
MConte05

Play with the lock mechanism in the door. If you push/pull the levers and it causes the door to go down, then just need to adjust the striker pad on the body so that it will fully engage the mechanism. Or else fish through the door panel. I found my outside door handle switch had actually become unplugged. Was able to plug it back in without removing the actual door lock mechanism. Then just adjusted my striker pad and now my door acts perfect.

As for the rear window. Just give it a good cleaning both inside and out. I was amazed at how much dust/dirt got accumulated on the inside. Just remove the windstop then clean the inside a few times with a clean cloth. Looks good as new.

I have a base model, and enjoy it. The lower cost is nice too. I am sure eventually I will want an S, but I think I'd want an 05 or newer S for the price. Right now the 02 S's are just a bit overpriced for what I was willing to pay. Really depends on what you ultimately intend on doing with the car. For me, it is just a daily driver. I have a fully caged race car that I use for racing, so I don't do autocross or track days with the Boxster. Because of that, the extra power or the 6-speed wasn't a big deal to me, and went with the cheaper base model without feeling buyers remorse.
MConte05 is offline   Reply With Quote