View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Has Anyone Modified the Front Radiator Intakes?

I picked up some "rain gutter" plastic mesh material yesterday to go over the 3 radiator intakes in the front….has anyone tried this?

I first saw this on @WingNut2U's GT3 bumper and thought, "Hmm, that would be a good idea". Have seen a couple others including a Pedro mod, I think.

Then, day before yesterday, some redneck "blew out" the back of his pickup truck in front of me on the highway trying to show off! Lots of black smoke engulfed me, including in my car, since I had the top down. YUCK! I feel so dirty! The leaves started flying everywhere and the guy lost his shirt too. I mean literally, his shirt (laying the back of the truck), flew out of the bed and became a projectile aimed right at me. TIP: Carry an extra shirt for a clean get-away!

I swerved and missed the shirt. The guy behind me was not so lucky and it became a bumper bug for him, but was left with a ton of leaves….now I have to clean ALL THREE rads again, "Thanks a lot Skoal Bandit!"

That is where I got the inspiration for doing the mod. Has anyone tried this? What were the results?

Most importantly, how did you secure the mesh to the underside of the bumper?

Lastly, how well did it wear with time, leaves and shirts being thrown at it?