View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #20
deliriousga

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharari
Thanks for the congrats. How should the cross braces be removed? Is that safe to do when the car is on jackstands? Will that cause anything else to move out of place? IS there a write-up somewhere on how to do that?
I'll have to take pics of the cross braces I'm talking about to make sure we're looking at the same ones before I say yes. I have removed the ones that make a "V" and bolt over the front of the skid plate with no problems and nothing moving. AllData says it's ok to remove those braces with the car on stands under the normal jacking points. Those braces keep the differential from shifting right and left as you are driving. There is no write-up that I know of, but if you just remove the 5 bolts on each of the braces and the two nuts holding the skid plate, then you can use a large, flat head screwdriver under the lip of the skid plate to pop it off. Once it's off, drill slightly larger holes where the two original holes are that go on the studs and it will be easier to put it on and take it off later.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote