View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
BrokenLinkage

Smile cupholder

I too must have my morning coffee, which led to an exhaustive search for the best cupholder arrangement.
So far I have the oem dash version, the Ultimate stainless, the Wal-mart 4 cup-trimmed to 2 cup version, the Autozone 2 cup-trimmed to 1 cup, and the Fischer. Oem looks nice but is in the way while in use and risks an expensive spill or slosh. Ultimate looks nice but not stock & doesn't visually blend into the interior, has low COG, and works best if you stick to one cup size. 4 cut to 2 was actually pretty good and cheap, very stable, easy to remove for cleaning, had a convenient cubby for cell phone & change, allowed an extra cup for passeger too, but just took up too much space in pass. floor for my taste. 2-cut-to-1 version left a plastic tail which I affixed to pass seat child airbag deactivation bar for extreme stability, but hard to remove for cleaning, moved if pass adjusted seat, & was positioned just a bit too far to the passenger side. Never did try the cupholder insert for the oddments tray, it just seemed too awkward to use and I shortly pimped my tray anyway to include charging/power station for cell/GPS/radar so wouldn't fit.
Finally I went to Fischer affixed to carpet on passenger side tunnel: black plastic looks oem, folds up when not in use,stable, lid forms a tray that collects any slosh, accomodates any reasonable size insulated cup, easily reachable but not in way of my footwork or passenger,when installed & folded seat mechanism clears it so seat can be advanced fully forward for cleaning, cost about $15, almost perfect.
Homeboy is showing you the perfect position to mount it.
Stay alert, make sure you easily reach it without looking, and happy boxstering!
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote