View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
ohhh my

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fury View Post
I googled the CDR23 volume problem and there are lot of people that have problems with no volume.
Some indicate that it tends to only affect AM/FM - switching to AUX or CD is fine.
Some state when it happens, they arm and disarm the car it it works fine.

Even owners with the CDR30 2010 model cars are encountering this problem.
Some speculate that it has to do with loosing the security setting with car and needs resetting.
I never experienced these problems with my CDR220.

unhcampus:
What model radio do you have.?
For me, no audio at all regardless of audio mode(cd/radio). Mine also fixes itself when I arm and disarm the car, but i feel this way takes longer and is more wear and tear on the locking mechanisms because sometimes it takes 5-10 continuous tries before it works. Also, pressing lock and unlock quickly doesn't work, I find it has a higher chance of working if you press lock, wait 20 seconds(when red light on radio starts to flash) and then disarm it and try turning on the radio..

I feel it has to do a bit with heat and a bit with electrical. Hence it doesn't work right away when you arm/disarm the car. It has a higher probability of working after the red light on the radio starts to flash, meaning the radio is now completely off ???
ohhh my is offline   Reply With Quote