View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #233
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
Hi jb92563,

You can do it two ways, I believe:

1). Hook backup camera to the video in on your head unit and then you can use video out to send to a portable digital video camera (or a GoPro - if you have one). My portable video camera, not a GoPro, will take signal via USB or VCR-type cable.

2). If you do NOT have video out, since that is a relatively new thing to OUTPUT a signal from the head unit, you can run the backup camera (which uses standard video cable, like for your DVD at home - hopefully you used shielding or a filter in the car since you HAVE to ROUTE the cables over or around the engine) to a splitter under your unit and connect up to the Head unit AND a stand alone video camera as a line in.

….you could always ask JD….the "dangerous crowd" has had this for years I'm guessing! You just don't hear about it….until you end up on YouTube!

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing video out cables on the back of my radio. I'll have to see if the Chinglish manual gives me any clues as to how that will work.

Plan B was to have a swarm of Nano Copters guard my car.
A Swarm of Nano Quadrotors-Crazy must watch HD - YouTube

Seriously though I am building one of these and it's fascinating to tinker with.

I think Danger has one of these in his tool box.
HD FPV - Hunting Hydrogen Balloons with Fireworks - YouTube
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote