View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
barkinfool

Garage
Help - '02 S Manual Transmission Oil Change

Frustrating evening & could use some help / advice from the experts. My low mileage '02 S has never had the transmission oil changed, so decided to take that on this evening after reading the Bentley, 101 Projects book & Pelican site. After putting on stands & removing the underside covers (the metal under plate was quite a struggle to remove as never removed before -- force won the day), I was left with clear view of the transmission. Unfortunately, I have been unable to remove what I'm pretty sure is the fill bolt. Adding a bit to the confusion is the fact that the 101 site photo seems to be a mirror image / on the wrong side of the transmission, so there is a lingering doubt in my mind that i'm working on the correct hole.

First, here's my labeled photo. I believe this is correct, and the fill bolt will not come out...

Here's the photo on the Pelican site -- seems to be a mirror image, on wrong side of transmission if I'm looking at this correctly -- I don't see anything like this on my passenger side of the transmission...

So, I've tried PB Blaster penetrating oil, I've applied as much removal force as I can muster with my socket (with the 10 mm hex), and I've even taken a torch to it & can't get it to budge. Suggestions? I'm stuck!