View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
ProjectM96

2000 Boxster for sale in Philadelphia, PA

Hello, the reason I bought this car was the engine sound and handling. But also to have something to show off at the car shows and meets I attend regularly.

I love this car to death and I am having no trouble affording it, but I am worried about my job security since I am in a contract position and still have student loans and a mortgage to pay. I am selling it based on a "just incase" scenario. Since I have a second cheap daily driver, I don't really need this car right now.

This would not be my last time owning a Porsche. I will go back to Porsche when I am comfortable with work and finances and it will likely be a project car to restore and modify in a garage.

2000 Porsche Boxster 2.7 L rated at 217HP stock.
91,xxx miles.
5 speed manual transmission.
Black exterior and interior.
3rd owner
Clean Title of course.
Sport Package with Cruise Control, traction control, and sportier designed front bumper.
Price: $11,700 OBO.
Only selling it if I get a good offer. I am not desperate. I wouldn't mind keeping it a few more years.

Mods and Maintenance:
Eibach 1 inch lowering springs(comfort feels same as stock, no problems with speed bumps or driveways), Top Speed Pro 1 Test Pipes and Cat-back Exhaust, stock headers and primary cat, RSS Underdrive Pulley with new serpentine belts, newish tires, Euro side corner lights, 550 style rear tail lights, De-ambered tinted front headlights, Built-in high end police radar, new rear plastic window. The car is in great shape and has no problems I am aware of. It runs great and sounds great. It has been very affordable to own for me in the past 2 years. I also had various light bulbs replaced. Brakes are newish. Inner Tie Rods and Lower Control Arms/Bushings and Strut Top Bushings were replaced at 89,000 miles. Desnorkeled. Cold Air Intake installed with new clean filter. Throttle Body cleaned at 87,000 miles. Leaves cleaned out of front bumper radiator area every season.

90k manual transmission oil change service done. Clutch is as good as new.
Oil changed every 5000 miles using Mobile One 0w-40 instead of the recommended 10,000 mile interval.

Guaranteed no IMS or RMS issues thus far. I have a magnetic oil drain plug in the car and I check oil filter at oil changes. Everything is fine and I expect this car will never have an IMS problem since it shows no signs of it even at 91,000 miles.

Side windows are tinted.
The wheels were plastidipped. They are Flat-black in color but I can revert them back to original silver color. They are in great condition. Minor outer rim curb rash on 1 wheel barely noticeable.

Water Pump and thermostat and coolant flush done at 80,000 miles.

The best part about this car in my opinion: The exhaust sound. It sounds like a GT3 or Lamborghini or Ferrari. Very loud exotic sound. It turns so many heads.

The bad: Tiny chip in front windshield already sealed by Safelite. This chip is as small as a fly and barely noticeable. Small paint chips on front bumper and hood as expected from any car that has driven on the road.

I still have all original Intake/Exhaust/Springs/Corner Lights and I can put all the old stuff back on and take the tint off if you want.