View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #37
southernstar

I have a 2000 Boxster in Ocean Blue Metallic with 92000 km (about 56 K miles) and decided to give Dr. Color Chip a try. Their site suggests that it works better on darker colors, so it may be worth a try on the OP's black paint. In my opinion it does a great job at covering up small chips/road rash and the improvement in my car was really quite dramatic - especially from a few feet away. I have actually had some people look at the front and mirrors and say 'remarkable, it has no chips'.

Apart from the cost savings over a respray (and the risk of an imperfect colour match, or inconsistent fading over time), many purchasers including myself would rather buy a car with with the original paint: in that way they can be completely satisfied that it hasn't been hit, or in an accident. Decent original paint on an older car also speaks to the level of care and maintenance by the original owners. Please understand me, it isn't perfect. It really does not do anywhere near as well on scratches as it does on chips. And I used up quite a bit until I got the hang of it (good thing I bought the large containers). However, in my experience it works extremely well within those parameters - certainly much, much better than attempting to effect repairs with a small brush or match stick.

Brad

Last edited by southernstar; 10-16-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: sp
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote