View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 05:13 AM   #11
gRed04

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglsteven
I can only speak for my experience with a CDR21 and now a CDR220

Speed dependent volume is called GAL or GALA (Geschwindigkeitsabhängige Lautstärkenregelung).

You can adjust the sensitivity of it in the User menu, which is accessible by pressing the down arrow key for longer than 8 seconds (at least on my 220).

It works very well, but of course it won't be able to tell whether you have the top down or not.

If the CDR23 with Bose, can adjust the volume depent on the interior volume, then that is cool!!! I want that!
Trust me you don't want this one because it does not work. With the top down and volume adjusted to listening level it will NOT increase ( at least to any noticeable level ) as you get moving. If you turn it up to a listening level while in motion it will be blaring when you stop.

This one is a crap system that doesn't work as it should. The problem I believe is the microphone sensitivity is messed up.

I have recently put my hardtop on and now I do notice a very slight increase in volume as you begin moving. So slight I would guess about 1 db. Again having owned several speed sensitive volume setups before this one is just not right.
gRed04 is offline   Reply With Quote