Thread: First PCA DE
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
pharaohjb

Garage
Boxster586-

Thanks! Yeah, I hit 124 mph at the end of the straight once (according to my GPS), my speedo indicated 130. It's all about how fast you come out of Turn 10, and for me, there's just something psychological about Turn 10 in that it's not quite apparent where the entrance to the straight is. As you turn in to 10, you're staring at the tower and concrete barriers ahead of you, and you've just got to get back on the power and trust that the straight is somewhere over there to your right, so it was a little daunting to carry a lot of speed through that corner for a novice like me. It doesn't come across very well in the video, but there is quite a dip down towards the apex of 10, so it's even a bit of a blind corner in the exit as you climb back out of it on to the straight, making it even more psychologically difficult to just get back on the throttle and trust that you're going to make it.

You should sign up for a Nord Stern event - for about the same price as the BIR-sponsored events, you get two full days, 6+ sessions per day. Even more if you attend the Friday Driver's Training. This was my first one - the people are great, and they really know their stuff about driving Porsches. And you get to drool over the GT3s and Cayman Rs that blast around the track in some of the different run groups. There was even a Noble M400 there - what a work of art that thing is. Doesn't sound like anything else on the track.

Cheers,
Jason
pharaohjb is offline   Reply With Quote