Thread: First PCA DE
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
Boxster586

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaohjb View Post
Thanks. Yeah, BIR is a very fast track, from what I understand. Turn 1 after the long straight is banked, and is *meant* to be taken flat out. My instructor said that I could take turn 1 at 120 mph, but I just don't have the guts to do it yet. Turn 2 is also meant to be taken very fast, but isn't banked, and could probably be taken at 20+ mph faster than I currently do.

Oh well... I think it just means I need more seat time.
Hello Jason. Nice driving!

I've done BIR short track (2.5 miles) twice and was going to do the big 3.1 course in September but work got in the way. I agree that you can take the banked turn 1 at 120 but I'd hesitate taking turn two at 120mph without race tires. In August, we witnessed a BMW M3 take that corner around 125 mph. He got wide. Went into the grass. He over corrected. He spun across the track through the grass and smacked into the wall. The car was toast. The driver and passenger were fine. It was driver error but that accident really kept me in check the rest of the day.

I'm looking forward to next year. I was hoping to come close to 130 mph on that long straight but after watching your video, I'm thinking 125 mph is more realistic.

Hope to run into you at BIR next year.
Boxster586 is offline   Reply With Quote