View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Yes, I have used AAA to get towed from .... wait for it....AutoClub Speedway in Fontana! My clutch failed so I needed a tow to get the car from the track to my local repair shop about 50 miles away.

The lady at the AutoClub thought it was a joke when I called and asked for towing service and then gave that location. The tow driver did a great job of getting my car on the flatbed without any worry on my part.

I have the 200 mile extended towing plan (there are no exceptions except for distance) so I had my car towed directly to the repair shop where the owner met me to accept the car into the shop (you have your shop owner's cell phone number for Sunday evening emergency drop off's, right?).

These days, I have partnered with the shop that does most of the work on my car (Hergesheimer Motorsports) and they provide support at the track including having space in their trailer in case something breaks on my car and I can't drive the car home. The cost is very reasonable and provides good peace of mind knowing that mechanics/parts and expert advise is available at the track should something arise.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 09-20-2012 at 11:27 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote